John Macaluso

Bubnjarske veličine, ljudi koji inspirišu i nadahnjuju. Preporuke, komentari, solo klipovi...

Moderator: Supermoderatori

Rango
Bubnjar Početnik
Bubnjar Početnik
Moj Bubanj: Stagg Tim
Inspiracija: Thomen Stauch,Daniel Zimmerman,Jaime Salazar

John Macaluso

Post by Rango » November 28th, 2010, 1:59 am

John Macaluso is an American drummer born in 1968, who has played for ARK, TNT, Yngwie J. Malmsteen among others. Born in Commack, New York, John started playing drums at age 11. Now having recorded over 200 records and playing on multiple world tours, John continues to write and record music, perform live, do clinics and teach.
John began his studies with his friend and mentor, Joe Fanco (Good Rats), who John says, "his playing and teaching changed my life". He later began instruction with under the wing of Rod Morgenstein (Dixie Dregs), Dom Famularo and Tommy Aldridge (Ozzy Ozbourne). At the ambitious age of 18, John leaves his hometown for California to attend the Percussion Institute of Technology. It was here that he studied under Ralph Humphrey (Frank Zappa), Casey Schuerelle, and Joey Heredia. This is where John says "My passion with odd times and rhythms and understanding them began". That same year, John was hired for his first tour as well as recording with guitarist Paul Hansen in Germany.

Influence on Progressive Metal
It was in Toten, Norway where John would cross paths with guitarist Tore Østby. Together, John and Tore had an immediate musical amalgamation of styles in the realm of a heavy groove, progressive rock mixed with a Latin feel. Blending flamenco guitars, double bass drumming and Pink Floyd like moods, this sound would go on to form the progressive metal force known as ARK. Exploding with incredible reviews on their two albums, ARK impresses fans from around the world with their originality and live performances. Consisting of the world renowned vocalist Jørn Lande, bassist Randy Coven (Mountain, Malmsteen), and Mats Oloussen (Malmsteen), the band’s short history has made history to some. John Macaluso played a vital role in the bands formation, writing and recording, having the two albums, ARK and Burn the Sun, under his belt.

John Macaluso would soon gain the attention and favor of guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen, using the first ARK album as the platform to jump to his next project. Yngwie flipped over John’s playing and loved ARK so much that he instantly hired John to fly down to Florida to rehearse and record Alchemy. It was this album that proved be a benchmark for John, having a drum solo on the record and being the only drummer ever to record a drum solo on a Yngwie Malmsteen album. John spends three years recording four albums with Malmsteen, spanning multiple world tours. After his tenure with the Swedish guitar god, John reunited with former ARK members to write and record music until the band’s split in 2003.
Composing and Recording

The taste of songwriting, both lyrically and musically, was now inspiring John to do more than just drumming. His passion for recording drove him to record dozens of records after the demise of ARK. John says, "Playing with different musicians and people who play different styles of music thrills me. I learn something new every session and record a history for myself by doing so, I never get bored". John spent a short time touring with guitarist George Lynch of Dokken, travelling all over the United States.

After attending The NAMM Show in California, John learns from drummer Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater that his singer, James LaBrie, was looking for a drummer to bring on tour for his solo record Elements Of Persuasion. With Mike’s recommendation, John receives the call from James and finds himself touring the world yet again. John claims, "This was one of my favorite tours ever, such a great time and great grooving band." He would later satisfy his taste for writing again and put out a solo record where he is joined by friends and fellow musicians James LaBrie and guitarist from the touring band, Marco Sfogli.

During his free time on and off the road John would write and record beats, fills and document the techniques and theories that he claims had given him a style and a sound like no other. He would later organize and publish his documentation in a drum method book entitled Repercussions. John says, "The book is not just a book of beats and fills but besides that, its a book on opening your creativity on the drum kit. I feel the most important thing a drummer could have is a personal signature. This book will show you ways to build on that, through drum sound and tuning, hand techniques, recording tips and stories, learning when not to play, playing to a click and the three major ways to do it. This covers moments in time that have changed my life and the lives of drummers worldwide. It’s not drumming as a hobby, but drumming as a lifestyle. It’s stories and graphics including a CD that can also entertain even non-drummers." John’s book, available on his website at http://www.johnmacaluso.com, is endorsed by drummers Joe Franco, Nicko McBrain (Iron Maiden) and Bobby Jarzombek (Rob Halford).

Ne znam kolko je ovo poznat bubnjar ovde i sire ali se definitivno radu o world class bubnjaru.Sta reci radio je sa Yngwie Malmsteen,Ark,TNT,James Labrie....... i po nekim glasinama je kandidat za naslednika Mike-a Portnoy-a u Dream Theater-u.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf621Yaf ... re=related[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lwHM-VAwus[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zIDvB4c ... re=related[/youtube]
markojah
Redovno vežba
Redovno vežba
Moj Bubanj: Tama, Sabian, Pearl
Moji bendovi: Zion Crew, Cover Up
Inspiracija: each and every one

Re: John Macaluso

Post by markojah » November 28th, 2010, 3:23 am

al ga cepa... :ohmy: ne bih voleo da sam crash koji on udari
Jedina vrlina kojom se covek ne moze pohvaliti jeste skromnost. Kad bi se njome pohvalio, vise ne bi bio skroman.
Boris J
Virtuoz!
Virtuoz!
Moj Bubanj: Mapex Saturn
Moji bendovi: Blankfile

Re: John Macaluso

Post by Boris J » November 28th, 2010, 4:55 am

<3 <3 <3