Brian Downey (Thin Lizzy)!

Bubnjarske veličine, ljudi koji inspirišu i nadahnjuju. Preporuke, komentari, solo klipovi...

Moderator: Supermoderatori

Myers75
Bubnjar Početnik
Bubnjar Početnik
Moj Bubanj: Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute Nouveau

Brian Downey (Thin Lizzy)!

Post by Myers75 » October 2nd, 2010, 9:07 pm

Mislim da si ovaj čovek zaslužuje topic ovdje. Baš sada sam gledao Live and Dangerous od Thin Lizzy i veome me se dojmio ceo band. Brian Downey igra fenomenalno live i na studijskim stvarima tako da kapu dolje starim majstorima.
Boris J
Virtuoz!
Virtuoz!
Moj Bubanj: Mapex Saturn
Moji bendovi: Blankfile

Re: Brian Downey (Thin Lizzy)!

Post by Boris J » October 2nd, 2010, 9:27 pm

ooo da... i pored sviranja, koje je fenomenalno, jako mi se svidja njegov "ton"... sjajan lik... svirao i gary mooreom kasnije...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JQTUgLh6mc[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trJ6uFy5 ... re=related[/youtube]
Myers75
Bubnjar Početnik
Bubnjar Početnik
Moj Bubanj: Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute Nouveau

Post by Myers75 » October 2nd, 2010, 9:37 pm

Da Rogers mu odlično radio :)
Boris J
Virtuoz!
Virtuoz!

Post by Boris J » October 2nd, 2010, 11:28 pm

svirao je posle rogersa neshto malo i tamu...
brainsaladsandar
Redovno vežba
Redovno vežba
Moj Bubanj: Mapex M Birch, Sabian, Tama Pedals
Moji bendovi: Burning Circle
Inspiracija: N. Peart, M. Portnoy, N. McBrain, C. Palmer

Post by brainsaladsandar » October 3rd, 2010, 12:47 pm

thin lizzy zauvek!!!

juče sam baš slušao jailbreak - albumčina za sva vremena!
http://www.burning-circle.com
Boris J
Virtuoz!
Virtuoz!

Post by Boris J » October 4th, 2010, 10:02 am

Wiki:

Brian Michael Downey (27 January 1951, Dublin, Ireland) is an Irish drummer.

Downey is best known as a founding member and drummer for the rock band Thin Lizzy, and his friendship from childhood with bandmate, and frontman Phil Lynott. Along with Lynott, Downey was the only constant member of the pioneering hard rock group.Downey also co-wrote many Thin Lizzy songs. Allmusic critic Eduardo Rivadavia has argued that Downey was "certainly one of the most underrated rock drummers of his generation."

Before forming Thin Lizzy, Downey had been in numerous school bands, which began with The Liffey Beats, and for a short term, The Black Eagles (with Lynott). He moved on to performing in a local band, Sugar Shack, and then was persuaded by Lynott to join him in another band, Orphanage. Upon meeting guitarist Eric Bell, the trio formed Thin Lizzy. Although the lineup of musicians within the band changed over the years, with the exception of Lynott, for the next thirteen years Downey remained the only other permanent member of the band, as its drummer, as well as drumming on Lynott's solo albums.

After Lynott's death, Downey played in the tribute Thin Lizzy line-up with John Sykes, Scott Gorham, Darren Wharton and Marco Mendoza, but has been absent from recent Lizzy touring tribute bands.

He was a guest at the unveiling of Lynott's statue in 2005, and drummed for Gary Moore at the tribute concert that followed. Downey also appeared on Moore's 2007 album, Close As You Get, and subsequent tour. As of November 2008 he had left Moore's band to pursue a different musical project.

Downey rejoined Thin Lizzy in May 2010.

The Official Thin Lizzy Website

Brian Downey

Born in Dublin on 27th January 1951, Brian Michael Downey and Philip Lynott first met at school. Although Brian was two years younger than Phil, they began a friendship which would last until Phil's death in 1986.
Growing up in Crumlin, a town near Dublin, Brian's early musical influences came from his father who played in a local pipe band and loved jazz, and together with 60's heroes the Kinks, the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, set Brian on his musical journey that still continues.

Brian started his career with a series of local bands including 'The Liffey Beats' and 'Mod Con Cave Dwellers'. One of the first bands Brian played in with Phil on lead vocals, was 'The Black Eagles'.

After the band split they went their separate ways with Brian joining 'Sugar Shack'. Back with Phil in 1969 they formed 'The Orphange' with guitarist Joe Staunton and Pat Quigley on bass. This period helped cement their working relationship and established the sort of band they ultimately wanted to create.

Soon after, they met with guitarist Eric Bell and keyboard player Eric Wrixon, and the first incarnation of Thin Lizzy was born.

Along with Phil, Brian is the only other original member to remain with Thin Lizzy from the beginning to the end. Throughout his career there have been many highlights including numerous chart successes and legendary live performances such as his tour de force drum solo in the song 'Sha La La' during 1978's Live and Dangerous.

Brian still lives in Dublin and since Thin Lizzy he has formed several different bands, playing the blues.