Mike Mangini

Bubnjarske veličine, ljudi koji inspirišu i nadahnjuju. Preporuke, komentari, solo klipovi...

Moderator: Supermoderatori

Matija
Virtuoz!
Virtuoz!
Moj Bubanj: Mapex Drums, Anatolian Cymbals
Moji bendovi: Consecration, Feud
Inspiracija: Vinnie Colaiuta, Terry Bozzio

Mike Mangini

Post by Matija » March 20th, 2008, 7:48 pm

bolest. ambidekstroznost. idiotizam. i meni NIJE bitno sto drzi svetski rekord najbrzeg bubnjara (kao da to ikome treba).

Michael Mangini (born April 18, 1963 in Newton, Massachusetts, USA) is a celebrated drummer who has played for Annihilator, Extreme, Steve Vai, Tribe Of Judah, and more recently, James LaBrie.

Mike Mangini began playing the drums when he was five years old. He would practice six to ten hours a day and by the time he was nine he was already mimicking Buddy Rich performances. By high school, he was performing in school bands and participating in the prestigious All-County, All-State, and all Eastern United States ensembles.

After graduating from high school in 1981, Mangini put aside his music studies to pursue a Computer Science major at Bentley College. After graduating Mike started programming software for the Patriot Missile program. At the same time he was working on a program that studied the links between the human brain and body. These two experiences have helped Mike in the development of his Rhythm Knowledge learning systems.

In 1987, Mangini scored one of his first 'high-profile' gigs - playing drums for the Rick Berlin Band in Boston, where he worked with bassist Phillip Bynoe (who would later go on to work with Mike in sessions for Journey's Steve Perry and more notably during Mike's time in the Steve Vai band). He also taught drums privately in Boston during this time.

In 1991, Mangini began working for a thrash metal band named Annihilator. Mike performed on the drums on several tracks for the studio album, Set the World on Fire. He went on to tour with the band in support of this album up until 1994. In 1994 he was asked to play with the band Extreme, replacing original drummer Paul Geary. Mike Mangini had been friends with noted Extreme guitarist Nuno Bettencourt since the 1980s. His time in Extreme included recording several tracks for their 1995 album, Waiting For The Punchline. During this time, he also made an appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman. While on tour with Extreme in 1995, Mike recorded songs for Nuno on his 4-track tape machine. Those songs ended up on "Schizophonic" after Nuno left Extreme to pursue a solo career.

After Extreme dissolved in 1996, Mike was informed through Jeff Campitelli (drummer for Joe Satriani) that guitarist Steve Vai was auditioning drummers for his live band. Mike successfully auditioned for Steve Vai's band and relocated to Los Angeles.

From late 1996 to early 2000, Mangini was the highly regarded drummer of Vai's live ensemble, which also included bassist Phillip Bynoe, guitar wizard Mike Keneally and (in 2000) guitarist Dave Weiner. Mike also recorded several drum tracks for Steve's Fire Garden and Ultrazone albums.

Following the initial suspension of the South American leg of the Ultrazone Tour in 2000, Mangini moved back home to Boston and began teaching at Berklee College as an associate professor. He began working with former Extreme frontman Gary Cherone and bassist Pat Badger in the short-lived band, Tribe of Judah. He also continued to work with Dale Bozzio (formerly of the new wave band, Missing Persons), and recorded several more records. Among these records was a Rush tribute record (entitled "Subdivisions") and a second full-length album with Annihilator titled "All for You." He also recorded tracks for artists Sal DiFusco, [Bill Lonero] and Chris Emerson.

In 2005, he accepted a full-time teaching position at the Berklee College of Music and today he is a prominent faculty member in the school's percussion department.

One of Mike's current projects is Chix n Stix.

Mangini is notorious for his technical prowess and currently holds three out of four World's Fastest Drummer titles. These include the Fastest Matched grip at 1,247 strokes in 60 seconds, Fastest Hands, which he earned by executing 1,203 single-stroke notes in 60 seconds without drumsticks mallets etc., Fastest Traditional Grip which he earned by executing 1,126 strokes in 60 seconds, and Fastest Single Stroke Foot record playing 13,222 hits in 15 minutes and 5,222 hits in five minutes.

Mangini has written two books about his drumming techniques. These books, titled Rhythm Knowledge, are a practice method for deconstructing and simplifying complex polyrhythms and time signatures.

Mike plays and endorses Pearl drums, Zildjian cymbals and Remo drumheads.

ovaj klip je dovoljan da sve objasni... ali sve.
kad porastem zelim da budem Mike Mangini.
:wub:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz_L0wlLcVM[/youtube]

Code: Select all

http://matijaconnoisseur.blogspot.com/
alexa
Virtuoz!
Virtuoz!
Moj Bubanj: Pearl Masters, Sabian, Zildjian
Moji bendovi: Violent Chapter, Tea Break
Inspiracija: Bubanj

Re: Mike Mangini

Post by alexa » March 20th, 2008, 9:49 pm

Dobar čova! Podseća me na Portnoy-a dosta:cekic:
Zlo i napoako...666, 999
Miron
Virtuoz!
Virtuoz!
Moj Bubanj: Mapex Saturn
Moji bendovi: Straight Ahead
Inspiracija: Steve Gadd, Vinnie Colaiuta, Jeff Porcaro

Post by Miron » March 21st, 2008, 12:10 am

Prvo moram da naglasim da zaista nisam fan ovakvog tipa muziciranja...svejedno chovjeku treba odati priznanje...mandjinija sam zaista smatrao najobichnijim tehikom nagruvanim bolesnikom, dok nisam chuo par stvari sa nekog live diska sa steve vaiem...tu su svirali takve nebulozne neparne ritmove...secam se da smo gitarista i ja pola probe neuspesno pokusavali da izbrojimo metriku neke od pesama :cekic:
Ipak, posle tog ushicenja, potrchao sam da pogledam njegovu performansu na nekom od modren drummer festivala, i tu sam se opet razocarao...
voleo bih da chujem komentar Marka Djordjevica na njegovu svirku, s obzirom da sad obojica rade kao predavachi (doduse Marko na drummers collectivu, a Majk na berkliju)
:thumbup:
Koske
Bubnjar!
Bubnjar!
Moj Bubanj: Pearl/ Sonor/ Zildjian/ Stunner
Moji bendovi: DoomRash
Inspiracija: Nathaniel Townsley/Aaron Comess/Simon Phillips/Wuv

Post by Koske » September 20th, 2008, 1:53 pm

Poshtujem vreme koje je odvojio za vezbanje i usavrshavanje. Jako mi se svidja akcija gde on radi prelaz jednom rukom, dok drugom pravi akcente na chinelama. Tome naginjem sa nekim svojim ( nazovi ) stilom sviranja.

http://www.myspace.com/doomrash

http://www.facebook.com/DoomRash#!/pages/DOOMRASH/108757879150072?ref=ts
Miron
Virtuoz!
Virtuoz!

Post by Miron » December 8th, 2008, 1:32 am

Vlado M, jel bi zeleo da podelis neki komentar sa nama a promo M Mangini-a?
drumsonly
V.I.P
V.I.P
Moj Bubanj: Mapex Saturn, Anatolian Cymbals, VF 5B & AJ1

Post by drumsonly » December 8th, 2008, 1:53 am

Miron wrote:Vlado M, jel bi zeleo da podelis neki komentar sa nama a promo M Mangini-a?
hahahahahaha!!!
Bravo, Mirone!

Sva sreca te sam slucajno natrcao ovde!
Znaci, dragi moji prijatelji, nek' se ljuti ko koliko hoce, ali ja nikada nisam video debilnijeg coveka na bubnju! Covek je, stvarno, promasio zanimanje.
Sa onim njegovim 'brzim pokretima' mogao ja da napravi karijeru strikajuci dzempere na Zlatiboru.
Kakva NEmuzikalnost!!! Ali, zato deluje kao laksativ! Posle gledanja njegovog 'nastupa' na nekom festivalu (zna Miron koji je), dobio sam neopisivu zelju da posetim wc... Kakav waist... Mnogo sam vremena protracio u svom zivotu, ali gledanje tog... mi pada najteze.
Eto!
MAPEX SRBIJA
Loshme
Virtuoz!
Virtuoz!
Moj Bubanj: tama, meazzi, zildjian, istanbul, bosphorus
Inspiracija: vinnie colaiuta, gavin harrison

Post by Loshme » December 8th, 2008, 2:01 am

jel to zbog mog avatara?

:( :( :(
drumsonly
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by drumsonly » December 8th, 2008, 2:04 am

Nije, Milose! Ti si super:)

I ja sam na svoj avatar stavio nesto sto nema nikakve veze sa bubnjem:)
MAPEX SRBIJA
pedja_gumeni
Virtuoz!
Virtuoz!
Moj Bubanj: Sonor, Mapex, Pearl, Zildjian, Paiste, Gibraltar
Moji bendovi: Me Gusto Bend, Ground Zero
Inspiracija: Kai Hahto

Post by pedja_gumeni » December 8th, 2008, 2:05 am

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
Odakle ih vadish samo...mislim na fore i spushtalice...
WWW.MEGUSTOBEND.COM
Loshme
Virtuoz!
Virtuoz!

Post by Loshme » December 8th, 2008, 2:06 am

drumsonly wrote:Nije, Milose! Ti si super:)

I ja sam na svoj avatar stavio nesto sto nema nikakve veze sa bubnjem:)
lol lol

idem promeniti avatar. :slama:
drumsonly
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by drumsonly » December 8th, 2008, 2:09 am

Tako, Milose:)
MAPEX SRBIJA
Boris J
Virtuoz!
Virtuoz!
Moji bendovi: Blankfile

Post by Boris J » December 8th, 2008, 8:53 am

hahah... zar ne treba da kazesh da to i dalje nema nikakve veze sa bubnjem? lol
Miron
Virtuoz!
Virtuoz!

Post by Miron » December 8th, 2008, 12:34 pm

Miloše mislim da nisi usrećio vladu svojim novim avatarom :)))))))))
U pitanju je modern drummer iz 2006, i moram da potvrdim Vladinu reakciju....prvo me u nekoliko puta zamolio da zaustavim snimak, a onda je pri samom kraju istrčao u WC....dobro je da sam imao zalihu Kolajute, pa smo posle proprali uši :D :D :D
drumsonly
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by drumsonly » December 8th, 2008, 1:07 pm

Avatar je do jaja, kakav je onaj 'majstor'!
MAPEX SRBIJA
Loshme
Virtuoz!
Virtuoz!

Post by Loshme » December 8th, 2008, 2:20 pm

e sada cu staviti stari, pa vi gledajte. :P