Travis Barker

Bubnjarske veličine, ljudi koji inspirišu i nadahnjuju. Preporuke, komentari, solo klipovi...

Moderator: Supermoderatori

Matija
Virtuoz!
Virtuoz!
Moj Bubanj: Mapex Drums, Anatolian Cymbals
Moji bendovi: Consecration, Feud
Inspiracija: Vinnie Colaiuta, Terry Bozzio

Travis Barker

Post by Matija » March 20th, 2008, 7:42 pm

jedan od najinspirativnijih likova ikad...

Travis Landon Barker (born November 14, 1975) is an American drummer, who achieved most of his fame by drumming for the band Blink-182. He is currently the drummer for +44 and has also played for side projects Box Car Racer, Transplants and Expensive Taste.

In 1996, Barker joined his first touring band, playing drums for The Aquabats as The Baron Von Tito. He recorded one album with them, The Fury of the Aquabats!, in 1997. His career took off when he joined up with punk rock band, Blink-182 in 1998. Barker became known for his mohawk and his tendency to perform without a shirt, revealing a multitude of tattoos. Barker has since established himself as a versatile drummer, producing and guest appearing in music projects of numerous music genres including hip-hop, punk rock, alternative rock, ska, rap, pop and even country.

He founded a clothing company, Famous Stars and Straps in 1999, LaSalle Records in 2004, as well as a Wahoo's Fish Taco restaurant in Norco, California. Companies such as DC Shoes and Zildjian cymbals have co-designed products in his name. He has used Orange County Custom Drums to create his drum kits since before he became famous.

Barker's marriage to former Miss USA, Shanna Moakler, was featured in MTV's Meet the Barkers (2005–2006). After filing for divorce in 2006, his marriage trouble and personal life have been scrutinized in the media following a public MySpace battle[1] with his wife and a brief relationship with Hilton Hotel heiress, Paris Hilton. Moakler recently announced that the two are making a fresh start and working it out for their children.[2]

He is currently pursuing legal action against Rockstar Energy Drinks who used his image without his consent. [3]
Early life

He was born in a poverty-stricken neighborhood in Fontana, California. Barker received his first drum set at the age of four. He began taking drum and trumpet lessons at the age of five.

The day before starting his freshman year at Fontana High School, Barker's mother died. She told him before she died to continue playing the drums because that was what he was good at, and he listened to her. After her death, Barker became more serious with drumming. He joined marching band his sophomore year and made the snare line. During high school he performed at regional competitions and festivals. During his senior year of high school, Barker passed up drum corps tryouts to tour with his first band, Feeble.

After graduating from high school in 1993, Barker gained more experience as a rock drummer in a few early bands including Feeble, The Suicide Machines and The Aquabats. In the latter, he was known as Baron Von Tito.[4]

From 1993 through 1998, Barker also worked a series of odd jobs and taught drum lessons to support himself. Though he continued to teach privately through 2002, Barker (while appearing on MTV's TRL, in 2003) mentioned that he no longer gives private drum lessons.
In 1998, Travis Barker began touring with The Aquabats, under the stage name "The Baron Von Tito". blink-182 was also on the bill, and when then-drummer Scott Raynor was removed from the band, Travis was asked to fill in. This required him to learn the entire set (over 20 songs) in less than two hours and perform them at that night's show, in addition to playing a set with The Aquabats. Travis's efforts earned him much appreciation and respect, and an offer to join blink-182, which Barker accepted.

With Barker, Blink-182 released their best selling album to date, Enema of the State (1999), followed by Take off Your Pants and Jacket (2001), and Blink-182 (2003). After 7 years of drumming with blink-182, in February 2005, the band split up. He now mainly drums for the band +44, with former blink-182 band mate Mark Hoppus
Side projects, 2002–present

Barker says he has always been interested in many genres of music outside of punk rock, especially hip-hop. In a 2002 interview with MTV he says, "I probably listen to more hip-hop and drum'n'bass than I do punk rock music, and same with Tim and Rob..".[5] Not being able to explore these interests within blink-182, Barker participated in several side projects during the time he was playing for blink-182 including Box Car Racer, Transplants, and Expensive Taste.

Box Car Racer is a side project begun with Tom DeLonge of blink-182 in 2002. This project resulted in one self-titled album which was released that year. Tom said he asked Travis to play drums so that he wouldn't have to find and pay a session drummer to come in. This throw away comment was the catalyst for the eventual friendship breakdown between the two.

Transplants is a hip-hop induced punk band for which Travis partnered with Tim Armstrong of Rancid and Rob Aston (former roadie for Rancid). Transplants released two studio records as well as a remixed version of their second album which was chopped and screwed by rapper and hip-hop artist, Paul Wall.[6] The first album released by Transplants was their self-titled album in 2002. The second Transplants record, Haunted Cities, was released by LaSalle Records in June of 2005. After the Vans Warped Tour of 2005, the band members decided to call it quits. This was confirmed by vocalist Rob Aston in January of 2006 during an interview.[citation needed]

Barker has produced or worked on albums with the Black Eyed Peas, P!nk and Pharrell Williams. He appears on Bun B's album, Trill (2005) with Skinhead Rob for the bonus track, "Late night creepin". In 2006 he was a producer on T.I.'s fourth album, King. Also in 2006 he played drums for several songs on Avril Lavigne's third album.[7]He also dueted with Rihanna on a remix of her hit "Umbrella", he also appeared in her video.

In late 2005 Travis started a new band, +44 with fellow blink-182 member Mark Hoppus and in 2006, Travis and Rob Aston joined Paul Wall in forming a new hip-hop group called Expensive Taste.

Recently, Travis Barker has made a very well received remix of Soulja Boy's "Crank That", a video that can be seen on YouTube. The song is also available for purchase on itunes, however Barker's drumming is reduced significantly from the YouTube version.

In a similar fashion, Travis has also remixed Flo-Rida's single Low, with another video posted on YouTube.

evo malo akcije:

e ovako se svira bubanj......... to je taj zamah, to je ta energija, to je taj acrylic OCDP...
:hail:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKQgDY0pZ68[/youtube]

i samo za slucaj da neko kaze nesto tipa "glupi punk bubnjari" ili "mtv sranje" ili nesto drugo izazvano zivljenjem u neznanju, travis je skolovan a evo i dokaza:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOfsr9D-KXU[/youtube]

Code: Select all

http://matijaconnoisseur.blogspot.com/
digrejzo
Bubnjar!
Bubnjar!
Inspiracija: Benny Greb, Danny Carey, Jon Rice

Re: Travis Barker

Post by digrejzo » March 20th, 2008, 7:57 pm

udara previse snazno za moj ukus
bog zna koliko kompleta cinela je do sad promenio

mozda je dobar i skolovan bubnjar al ja ga mrzim pa to ti je unsure
VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT
Matija
Virtuoz!
Virtuoz!

Post by Matija » March 20th, 2008, 7:59 pm

kad imas endorsement sve moze....
ne znam zasto bi mrzeo bilo kog bubnjara, btw...

digrejzo
Bubnjar!
Bubnjar!

Post by digrejzo » March 20th, 2008, 8:08 pm

pa kao sto si rekao..."glupi punk bubnjar" i najvise zbog benda (a sad ces da kazes da njegov bend nema veze sa tome kako on svira) ali jbg :zuba:
Matija
Virtuoz!
Virtuoz!

Post by Matija » March 20th, 2008, 8:14 pm

blink-182 je meni do jaja, kao i emperor. kao i michael jackson. kao i miles davis. kao i slayer. kao i squarepusher. kao i...
mnooooogo toga........

Loshme
Virtuoz!
Virtuoz!
Moj Bubanj: tama, meazzi, zildjian, istanbul, bosphorus
Inspiracija: vinnie colaiuta, gavin harrison

Post by Loshme » March 20th, 2008, 8:34 pm

digrejzo wrote:udara previse snazno za moj ukus
bog zna koliko kompleta cinela je do sad promenio

mozda je dobar i skolovan bubnjar al ja ga mrzim pa to ti je unsure

Ne mrzim ga ali bas jako udara !
digrejzo
Bubnjar!
Bubnjar!

Post by digrejzo » March 20th, 2008, 9:37 pm

pa da.. volim i ja pink floyd, asian dub foundation, foo fighters, audioslave, rage against the machine, dimmu borgir, job for a cowboy, kataklysm i ostale ali ne volim blink182 :D
alexa
Virtuoz!
Virtuoz!
Moj Bubanj: Pearl Masters, Sabian, Zildjian
Moji bendovi: Violent Chapter, Tea Break
Inspiracija: Bubanj

Post by alexa » March 20th, 2008, 9:55 pm

Travis je po mom mišljenju upravo kao što je Matija rekao, jedan od najinspirativnijh bubnjara današnjice! Taj čovek je nepresušni izvor nestandardnih ideja i razdvojenih ritmova, pa čak i u samoj muzici Blink 182 se to dooosta puta oseti. Kladim se da neke relativno proste ritmove koje on odsvira 80% nas ne može sada da odsvira. A to što lupa jako...od kada je to merilo bilo kod bubnjara?! Sve u svemu dooobar bubnjar iako koliko ja znam ne koristi duplu :D (nisam rekao da je korišćenje duple merilo dobrog bubnjara!!).
Zlo i napoako...666, 999
pedja_gumeni
Virtuoz!
Virtuoz!
Moj Bubanj: Sonor, Mapex, Pearl, Zildjian, Paiste, Gibraltar
Moji bendovi: Me Gusto Bend, Ground Zero
Inspiracija: Kai Hahto

Post by pedja_gumeni » March 20th, 2008, 10:37 pm

Kakve veze ima shto jako udara i treba jako da udara, to je po meni do jaja prednost, ali pod uslovom da zna i najtishe i najfinije...chvrstina i energija, to se trazi a ne pipkanje da triger pokupi...
WWW.MEGUSTOBEND.COM
Matija
Virtuoz!
Virtuoz!

Post by Matija » March 21st, 2008, 2:25 pm

travis = no triggers! true all the way!
samo acrylic i muda ko kutja.
metal.

alexa
Virtuoz!
Virtuoz!
Moj Bubanj: Pearl Masters, Sabian, Zildjian
Moji bendovi: Violent Chapter, Tea Break
Inspiracija: Bubanj

Post by alexa » March 21st, 2008, 3:06 pm

Hehe Travis i metal...ne da ide :D
Zlo i napoako...666, 999
Ognjen
Virtuoz!
Virtuoz!

Post by Ognjen » March 21st, 2008, 7:53 pm

Odlican bubnjar, ali ne svidja mi se kako udara na onom snimku. Nije sto je jako, to se uvek podrzava, nego sto kao da namerno hoce da slomi i razjebe :cekic: Boli ga kurac, ima endorsement, ali ne mora to tako.
digrejzo
Bubnjar!
Bubnjar!

Post by digrejzo » March 21st, 2008, 9:14 pm

dobra ova stvar Soulja Boy :heavy:

edit: ovo sto je fiery rekao....na to sam i ja mislio :)
blinker
Bubnjar Početnik
Bubnjar Početnik

Post by blinker » July 19th, 2008, 2:32 pm

svakako jedan od najinspirativnijih bubnjara......jedan od najboljih i meni omiljenih. =)
btw, BLINK 182 FTW!!!!!!
+))))))
Matija
Virtuoz!
Virtuoz!

Post by Matija » September 20th, 2008, 5:04 pm

jebem ti sranje. :yucky:

"This is heartbreaking!

Travis Barker was involved in a fatal private plane crash in Columbia, South Carolina early on Saturday morning, killing four and injuring two.

The former Blink 182 drummer is said to be one of the two injured.

Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen says the plane carrying six people was departing shortly before midnight Friday when air traffic controllers reporting seeing sparks.

She says the plane went off the runway and crashed on a nearby road.

Bergen says the Lear 60 was headed to Van Nuys, Calif.

She didn't have the names of those killed and didn't know the conditions of the two people injured.

Update: Nooooo!!!!!!!!

We are hearing that D.J. A.M. was also on the plane at the time of the crash.

Please pray to God that he is okay!!!!

Update #2: Travis is in "critical" condition.

He's been transfered to the Agusta, Georgia Burn Center."